It took me a while, but I finally found a way to create that sweet and tangy combo that I was accustomed to before my transitioning to a healthier lifestyle. This ketchup up recipe is a welcome addition to my homemade jicama fries and homemade meatloaf. Most store-bought ketchup contains a load of sugar or corn syrup. Thankfully, we can enjoy the sweet and tangy taste we love, while avoiding the ingredients that we don't. Give it a try!
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp Lakanto powdered sweetener*
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- Whisk all ingredients together in medium saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil and continue to whisk.
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 7 to 10minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Once cool, remove from stove and place in a covered container in the fridge.
*You can substitute 4 TBS of Erythritol, Lakanto granulated sweetener, or Xylitol. You can also use 2.5 doinks of stevia, or 2 3/4 TBS Gentle Sweet for the Lakanto powdered sweetener.
© 2020 Measure of Faith LLC. All rights reserved.