Blueberries have so many health benefits. What better way to get them in, then dessert? A win-win. No, there isn't a typo in the title. Sometimes, I make up words when existing words aren't adequate to convey what I am trying to describe. The topping on this sugar-free delight is a cross between a crisp and crumble; hence the name. This perfect balance of tart and sweet, is guaranteed to send your taste buds into overdrive without raising your blood sugar. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
- 10 oz. Fresh Blueberries
- 1/2 tsp. Lemon Extract
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 dash Xanthan Gum
- 4 Tbs. Melted butter
- 1 c Chopped Pecans
- ½ c THM Gentle Sweet
- ½ c THM Baking Blend
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Spray the bottom of an 8 or 9 inch pie dish with coconut oil.
- Cover the bottom of pie dish with the blueberries.
- Drizzle the lemon and vanilla extract over the blueberries and toss gently to thoroughly coat all of the berries.
- Sprinkle the xanthan gum over the berries.
- In a small bowl, mix the topping ingredients and spread evenly over the berries.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
© 2020 Measure of Faith LLC. All rights reserved.