Low-Carb Upside Down Granola Cake
Ever loved two ingredients separately and wondered how they mesh together? I love the texture and taste of the cake when I use the on-plan cake mix and the granola is so good. So I thought, why not combine the two? Voila! The two pair nicely together. Hope you think so too.
- Medium Bowl
- 8 inch or 9 inch baking pan (I used an 8-inch square silicone baking pan. Use the pan appropriate for the cake mix that you selected.)
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
- Serving Plate
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar replacement.
- 1/3-2/3 cup NuTrail ™Pumpkin Spice nut granola or other sugar-free on-plan nut granola.
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F or temperature indicated on your cake mix box.
- Place butter in your baking pan, and place in preheated oven or microwave (only if pan is microwave safe) until fully melted, and remove from oven or microwave.
- Make your cake batter according to the instructions on your on-plan cake mix box.
- Combine brown sugar replacement with melted butter.
- Sprinkle enough granola on top of combined sweetener and butter mixture to completely cover the bottom of pan, separating any large clumps of granola.
- Pour cake batter on top of granola mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or for time indicated for your cake mix.
- Remove pan from oven and place on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Loosen cake from sides of pan, place a serving plate on top of pan, and invert cake.
This recipe was inspired by the Crunchy Yogurt-Granola Upside-Down Cake by Midwest Living.
Tried this recipe?Mention @newmewithcoacht or tag #newmewithcoacht!
© 2023 Measure of Faith LLC. All rights reserved.