White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Ice Cream
This decadent ice cream will satisfy the biggest sweet tooth, although it contains no processed sugar. If you are following the THM eating plan this would be heavy S, so this would be a great occasional treat.
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 oz macadamia nuts
- 6 oz Bake Believe white chocolate chips
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp glucomannan
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 - 2/3 cup Allulose*
- Blend the almond milk, heavy whipping cream, egg yolks, salt, and glucomannan until fully combined.
- Pour the blended mixture into a medium saucepan and heat over medium-high heat until the mixture reaches a boil. Whisk the mixture constantly.
- Take the pan off the heat and whisk in the vanilla extract and allulose until well mixed.
- Add chocolate chips and mix until fully melted.
- Bring the mixture to room temperature.
- Churn in an automatic ice cream churn according to manufacturer's instruction.
- While ice cream is churning, grind macadamia nuts in a food processor or single cup blender cup.
- During the last 5 minutes of churning, add macadamia nuts.
- Enjoy immediately or freeze until the ice cream reaches your desired consistency.
This recipe was adapted from Briana Thomas' French Vanilla Ice Cream. * I used Allulose because it made the finished product less icy after freezing, but you could also use 3-4 TBS THM Gentle Sweet, 1-2TBS THM Super Sweet or 1/8 tsp stevia.
© 2020 Measure of Faith LLC. All rights reserved.